Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad


It´s almost Christmas!!! It´s so weird because it honestly feels nothing like Christmas here because it´s so hot! My whole life I´ve had nothing but snow for Christmas and this quite the difference, but I mean I guess I don´t mind it. I´ll be tan for the first Christmas ever in my life! Haa so this week...I GOT MAIL! We had zone conference this week, and they brought us mail. I don´t know if I mentioned this earlier, but we only get mail once every 6 weeks (every transfer) or at zone conference (every 3 months). So anyways it was super exciting. Best thing about zone conference, I understood practically everything! Maybe it´s just because it was the gospel, but I definitely thing it was such a blessing of the Lord because after that I went back to my regular old not understanding much of anything self. It was such a blessing. That same day I had exchanges, which is where I switch companions for a day and go to a different area. It was actually super fun! The sister that I went with is from California and she has the most amazing Argetine accent every. Something that I hope and pray to one day have! We also got to speak english...which was the weirdest thing ever for me. I realized how grateful I am to have a companion that forces me to speak spanish otherwise I would practicaly know nothing. The trains here are something. We had to take a train to go to our area for exchanges, and it was crazy. People were practically hanging on the outside of the train to fit and we were all packed in like sardines!


    So something that we did this week that was a lot of fun. We made a ton of cookies for all of the less active members in our area, and last night we got together a group of about 15 members and the elders serving in our area and went to their houses and sang them Christmas hymns and delivered the cookes. It was such a wonderful experience and the spirit was so strong. Christmas is such a wonderful time to have the chance to reflect on all the Savior has done for us and given us. 
   
A funny story from this week. So we had an appointment with this woman, who had rescheduled with us 2 times beforehand. We went to her house and she runs this business where she sells fruit and veggies and such...a ton of people here run little businesses out of their home like that. So we clapped at the door and a couple little kids rain out and we said, Hi! We´re missionaries from the chruch, is your mom here? So the little girl runs back and goes, Mom! It´s the girls from the church! She got hushed right away and then when she came back she goes, My mom isn´t home right now. Haa it was so funny. Hna. Rodas and I were just like hmm...oh really? That´s interesting. haa what can you do? I´ve been thinking so much lately that if only people could realize how important what we know really is. Not just people who aren´t memebers of the chuch, but memebers too! If everyone realized the magnitude of how much we have been blessed with the gospel and the knowledge we have to be able to return home to live with our Father in Heaven again then everyone would be running out to share the gospel with everyone. I firmly believe this. This gospel, is the most important thing in the world, because through Christ and his Atonement, throught baptism and making covenants with our Heavenly Father, we can be made clean and get to live with God again. We know where we came from, why we´re here, where we´re going, and the way to have so much happiness in this life! Is that not just the greatest thing that you´ve ever heard in your whole life? I know it is for me. I´ve also been pondering why people don´t want to have the gospel in their lives sometimes or hear our message and I think it´s because they don´t know what they´re missing. It´s kind of like this. Say that all you´ve ever had to eat for breakfast were cheerios. That´s all you´ve ever had and all you ever knew was possible to have for breakfast. You´re content, because you don´t know that there´s any more options, or that there´s something better out there. Until someone comes along and makes you pancakes and then you realize, that even though you were content with what you had before, you can now be so much happier! I think it´s a lot like that. 

   
 I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and remember the true reason that we celebrate this time of year. Jesus Christ. The way the truth and the life, and the reason that we can have hope in this life of becoming better and returning to live with Him again. Feliz Navidad!


Con amor,
Hermana Feldermann





No comments:

Post a Comment