Monday, January 19, 2015

Yay for Missions!

Hola!! So this week was great! Like every week, yeah? It rained pretty much all week which was actually the best thing ever because it wasn´t so hot! We don´t mind the rain either, we just put on our rain boots, grab our umbrellas and are good to go! I´m also pretty sure that people are a lot more willing to let you into their houses when it´s raining. The only downside is there´s no one in the streets to talk to. One thing about Argentina´s let me tell you, is that they talk sooo much. Haa it´s so funny sometimes because we´ll stop to talk to someone or be in a lesson or something and we´ll say about 10 words in 20 minutes because they just keep talking and talking...I guess it´s good in some aspects because people willingly tell you about their problems and concerns which helps us in our job!

Something that I´m so excited about for this week is that...we have a family that joined the church about a year and a half ago that´s going to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity! We´ve been working with them a lot since we got to the area and about a month ago when they were talking to the bishop they set the date for this week. We have family home evening with them every Monday and every Thursday we have almuerzo at their house as well. They´re the sweetest family, and it´s proof to me that the gospel really can, and does change people´s lives. And now because of it, and how they continued faithful, they get to have their family together forever. Also, one of the biggest miracles of all, we get to go to the temple this Thursday!!! And we just happened (not by coincidence because I don´t believe in coincidences) to be in the exact same session they´re going to be in for the first time!!! Ahh I´m so excited, I can´t even tell you. They´re so wonderful. And then they´re returning on Friday to go and be sealed. We don´t get to go to the sealing but I feel so beyond blessed that we can be there with them on Thursday.

Something funny that happened this week. Hna. Rodas has made a goal for her last 6 weeks of her mission that she was going to pray in English every time she prayed. She asked if I would pray in English as an example for her and....I couldn´t do it! I haven´t prayed in English for 3 months now, and I had to keep translating Spanish to English in my head! It was the funniest thing, but also the best thing, because maybe I am actually learning this language!

On Saturday at the chapel, we have classes of English and we just started having classes of piano as well. The

elders teach the class of English and I teach the class of piano with the help from Hna. Rodas, because everything is different in Spanish. It´s so fun, to be able to do it and it´s such a great tool to use with our investigators to invite them to church. One thing I learned this week is to find joy in the little things and to pay attention to see the hand of the Lord in my life more. Miracles happen every day, if we pay attention for them. Maybe they´re only small miracles, like making it to the bus stop just in time to catch the collectivo, or maybe they´re a little bigger, like the temple with Flia. Ferreyra, or having someone accept an baptismal invitation. However if we can learn to find joy in the little miracles that happen in our every day regular lives, we will be so much happier and grateful for how the Lord blesses us. Every single person has something to be grateful for, and a million things if they look closely. Right now, I´m so grateful for this period of time I have to be serving the Lord here in Argentina, even if it is only for a short period of time. I´m so grateful for my every day little blessings and for the way the Lord touches my life each and everyday.
Con amor,
Hernama Feldermann



No comments:

Post a Comment