Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

This week was amazing!! I was going to wait until the end of the letter but I'm way to excited soo.....WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS TODAY!! I'm so beyond excited! We leave the morning of the 1st and arrive in Buenos Aires the morning of the 2nd! So a really long 24 hours, but it will be so worth it and I am so excited to finally be arriving in the place I have been called to serve!
   
 I just want to say that I am so grateful that I am learning Spanish. There are these Russian sisters that live by us that I've gotten to know that are soo amazing! I love them so much, and I'm so amazed by their ability to learn Russian. One of the sisters I actually knew before the mission because she's from minnesota! Brynn Balls-Barker. She's speaking Russian, but serving in Washington State. I was talking to her one night and she told me that she's the first Russian speaker that is being sent to her mission, and they they told the people in her mission about 2 months ago to start learning Russian. Isn't that crazy?! I can't even imagine...her comapnions won't even speak Russian! I feel so blessed to be going to a place where everyone speaks Spanish, even if I don't! On Tuesday we had the chance to give a skype discussion to a member in Mexico. It was the coolest thing ever. I'm pretty good at understanding Spanish, but speaking it on the other hand is a whole different story. Wednesday was the best day ever because we got to host the new missionaries that were coming in! They had 700 new missionaries come in this wednesday, it was crazy! My first sister was serving her mission in Singapore speaking Mandarin, my second sister is serving in Hungary speaking Hungarian and my last sister is serving in Sweden speaking Swedish. Did I mention that I'm soo grateful for Spanish? It was so great to meet all of these wonderful sisters and introduce them to the MTC.
   
 This last Sunday Hna. Morgan from my district and and elder from the new district sang a duet and I played for them! I play for church every Sunday here, and we have a district leaving this Sunday who asked me to play for them as well. I love accompanying so much. So Dad, you will probably find this funny, but literally no one can pronounce my name here! It's not that hard and I don't really understand what the problem is. It took my teacher about 2 weeks to stop from stumbling over it...so I'm interested to see how they will say it in Argentina. 
   
 What I've learned this week is that the Lord has given us commandments sot hat we can be blessed. Most of the time when we go through difficult times, we aren't quite sure what the Lord is trying to teach us at that time and we just have to trust and him and endure it well and in the end we will be blessed. The 2nd counselor in our branch presidency shared this poem this week that said, "Winning is no more than this: to rise each time you fall." I absolutely love this. Life isn't about winning or losing, it's about enduring and trying to be the best person that you can be. Trying to be better than you were the day before, even if it's just a little bit. Like it says in Ether: , "I give unto men weakness that they may become humble." As I've been studying more, I've been discovering what things in myself that I can improve on. It's such a blessing to be able to recognize those things, so we can learn how to become better. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ, and one of the best ways to do that is to try to become more like Him, to become one of His disciples. This gospel is amazing, the MTC is great, but I'm so excited to get to Argentina!! I cannot wait! I love you so much!




Con amor,
Hermana Rachel Feldermann

No comments:

Post a Comment