Friday, November 14, 2014

November 14, 2014

Hola! I cannot BELIEVE how fast time is flying here!! It feels like it's going by a million miles an hour and I can barely keep up. We only have about 2 weeks left here in the MTC! I can hardly believe it. I'm closer to being in Argentina than I am to having left home! The weather has held out soo nicely here! At the beginning of the week we were even able to go outside and play sand volleyball during gym time. This last Sunday, we had one of the districts in our zone leave for Mexico. So exciting! They sang this song written by the cousin of a member of the branch presidency, and asked me to play for them. They sounded so great! We had another hermana leave this week. She was supposed to go to the Madrid, Spain MTC, but didn't get her visa in time, so she spend about a week with us and then left for Spain. She was one of the 2 new roomies that we got. The other sister is Samoan! She's so funny, and it so great to have around. She likes to teach us awesome native things, like how to hula dance.



This Sunday, we heard from the Young Women's general President! She gave an amazing talk. Every day I'm realizing more and more, that forgetting yourself and serving others is the key to happiness. We will be the most happy in our lives when we focus the least on ourselves. A few weeks ago we were told something really cool. A speaker came and spoke to us and said that the language you are called to serve your mission in is the language you can best teach the gospel in. Isn't that amazing? Trying to teach anything in English is actually way harder than Spanish! it's so crazy.
So Thursday was the best day every. IT SNOWED!!!! i was so beyond excited! I was starting to get worried that I wouldn't be able to see any snow before I left! There was one other hermana that was excited with me, and besides that everyone else was not happy it was snowing! I don't get it! how can you not be happy when it snows! I'm trying to enjoy the snow and cold as much as I can now, because I would have a white Christmas for the next 2! 

I'm learning to love every minute here! Although I can't say I'm not way excited to get to Argentina. The Lord blesses me so much every day, and I promise I will have much more to write about in just a couple of weeks! One little miracle that's been happening in my life lately: bed time is 10:30 and we're supposed to get up at 6:30. I've made it a goal to be in bed by that time and to never sleep in, even an extra couple minutes and I have not been tired the whole time i've been here. It's been amazing. Everyone is always complaining about being tired but I always feel so alert and have so much energy! Exact obedience brings miracles! The Lord is amazing, this gospel is amazing, and I just keep thinking about how it says in my call letter "More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced." Mom, thank you for all your little life lessons that you've repeated a million times to me. I've been using the "you can't change other people, you can only change yourself" one so often and I even used it in a lesson once! Keep the faith, work hard, and the Lord will bless you!

All of the Sisters in my zone.

Con amor,
Hermana Rachel Feldermann

No comments:

Post a Comment