Monday, April 20, 2015

Argentine Hospitals

This week was one of the more challenging and interesting weeks that I´ve had. My companion still wasn´t feeling well after last weekend and then on Wednesday she told me she wanted to go to the hospital. She had a fever and was throwing up and all that fun stuff and we hadn´t been able to leave and work really. We left for the hospital at about 11 in the morning on Wednesday. We had to take a train and a bus to get to the hospital that´s about 45 minutes away....lucky I´ve been there before with my other companions so I already sort of knew the way :) We went there and....spent the next 8 hours there! She saw some doctors and they did a bunch of tests and  bunch more tests and finally after all of this they decided that...she needed to be admitted to the hospital....HOWEVER there was no room in the inn. They didn´t have a single bed in this hospital to have her be admitted to.

     So we had to go to another hospital that was about 30 minutes away and even farther away from our area and it was already 8 at night. We had to call President to let him know what was going on...and he actually had a meeting that night near the second hospital that we needed to go there. We arrive at the hospital and then we find one had called or anything from the other hospital to let them know we were coming. They said that they couldn´t let her in or do anything because we didn´t have any money and they didn´t know anything what was going on with her. After trying to sort things out for a while they finally let her back to see a doctor....who poked at her stomach for a few seconds, looked at her test results, and told us exactly the opposite of what the other doctor had told her. He said we should just go home and if she doesn´t feel better tomorrow to come back. We told him there was no way that we would be able to come back because this hospital is about an hour and a half from our area....then by this time President shows up and we go meet him and tell him everything that happened. He was so nice and drove us all the way back to our area and then gave Hna. Wood a blessing. She stayed in bed sick for the next 3 days...but we actually went out and worked yesterday!

    I think I almost went loco being in the pension for so long, but some of the Hna´s in the ward would stay with Hna. Wood while I left with some others to go visit people. Even during this week we found a new investigator and she even came to church yesterday! Her name is María and she is so great. Yesterday was my first church experience here and it was so great! The ward here is amazing and so willing to help out with everything. Today we made about 200 cookies or so to give to all the members for helping us out and to give them to some less actives.
   One of the things I learned from all of this is how much I actually love being a missionary. How much I love being out in the streets and teaching and finding and talking to people. I´m so grateful that nothing bad happened to my companion and that she´s feeling better so now we can work this week. The Lord is amazing and this gospel is amazing and I feel so blessed to have it in my life. I´m so grateful for the Lord for all that He has given me and for letting me be here with His children in this little part of Argentina! If we stay faithful, read our scriptures every day, pray every day, go to church, the Lord will bless us. I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Hermana Feldermann

No comments:

Post a Comment