Monday, May 25, 2015

A little piece of Chile in Argentina

This week was just so crazy, I don´t even know where to start. I guess maybe I could start by saying that I now have a new companion! She is named Hna. Latoja and she´s from Chile. She actually lives in the same mission that Jessica served in! How great is that?? She´s only been a member for less than 2 years, and is a little shy, but is way great. She has tons of desires to work hard, so it´s wonderful.
  This week was a little tougher than most, but we have to go through the hard times to appreciate the good ones, right? In a reunion we had this week, President Thrugood was talking to us and said that the time we are in right now has never been a better time to be a missionary or to raise a family. I loved that! The church is growing so much and is so accessible to almost everyone who lives in the world. The gospel is being preached to all corners of the world and we are living prophesies being fulfilled! I feel so grateful to be here! 
   It was interesting this week, because as we were riding the train to go meet our new companions, I realized that I felt completely comfortable here in Argentina. I didn´t really have any fears, as far as actually living here goes, and it was the best. I never thought that there would come a point where I would feel like Argentina was my home, but it seems that day has arrived! This week we were blessed with a ton of rain! I don´t know if I´ve mentioned it before, but almost all the roads are dirt here and so when it rains, everything turns to mud. My area that I´m in right now is pretty big and this week we were riding from the bottom of our area to the top. It takes about 15-20 minutes and as we were going it was sprinkling a little bit, and then it just started pouring. We were so not prepared and we ended up just getting soaked alll the way through! Haa it was crazy! There was not an inch of me that was dry. By the time we reached the other end of the area, the rain had let up a bit, but we were still soaked. Then later that day we were in another part of our area that is all dirt roads but it was dark outside. This part is not really near the city so the lighting there is not very good and as we were riding down the road to go to an appointment, my bike slipped on some mud and I fell into a nice big pile of mud :)
     It was interesting how things had happened that day, because I was just already not having that great of a day, and then this was just like kind of hitting rock bottom. When we got to the pension later that night, I started thinking. Sometimes the Lord lets us fall and get up and fall again, sometimes even literally, so that we learn to turn to him, and appreciate all the blessings that he has given us. I´ve been thinking a lot this week about our desires. I have this talk by Dallin H. Oaks, and it´s amazing. He talks about how our desires are our motivators, and that our desires really determine what it is that we will become. If we will become what our Heavenly Father expects us to become. If our desires are temporal, we will never be able to reach our full potential, and the times when we fall will seem so much more harder and dificult. If our deepest desires are the things of eternity, we will gain the power to overcome whatever trial that we pass through. No matter how hard of a day we may have, our eternal desires will be what keeps ups going through the thick and the thin. 
Con amor,
Hermana Feldermann

No comments:

Post a Comment